or the adventures of Alice, her bicycle and a blue ukulele



This was written on aboriginal land. Sovereignty was never ceded. If you are reading this, you are standing on aboriginal land.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alice Springs

Alice and I made it to Alice with a touch of help from a bus for the last 700km. We haven't quite decided why we stopped where we did. We were having a marvellous time and the riding was lovely. But somehow we did stop and we are both very happy to be here in Alice Springs with some lovely folks and a sparkling new baby.

I think we'll both stay here a few weeks. And then Alice might cycle onwards and I might stay here a while longer.

3 comments:

  1. Well I think you did an amazing job. Glad you have got to meet Nina. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay and hurrah!
    did you eat a lot of powdered coconut milk? it wasn't mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alice (and Ryan)!

    Congratulations on your epic adventure! I've been closely following your trip. I read much of your QLD/NT traverse travels to Kate at one of her appointments.

    Kate has been particularly impressed with so many warm cycling thoughts after SO much pedaling...

    I'm off to Arapiles climbing tomorrow (for a while). I had high hopes of joining you pedaling in December but I don't think I've got the money :(

    Where can we send you stuffs? (I got your letter Alice.)

    Chris and Kate.

    ReplyDelete