or the adventures of Alice, her bicycle and a blue ukulele



This was written on aboriginal land. Sovereignty was never ceded. If you are reading this, you are standing on aboriginal land.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Barkly tablelands


[written by Alice]


The past few days have been some of the flattest riding you could imagine. Not boring though although many drivers dismiss this area as such. Constantly changing skies and colours. So green! You can tell there's been rain recently. I'm no longer so daunted by the vastness of it. Although that may partly be because it's not 37degrees with a glaring sun constantly reminding me of the possibility of dying of dehydration and heat stroke.
Right now I'm wearing a jumper and enjoying warm tea(sent to camooweal by a lovely friend) by a fire. All things I couldn't have imagined four days ago. We've also been blessed with some pretty sweet tailwinds. Which do send us scurrying under bridges to cook, giving us plenty of time to practise being trolls.
We found amazing rocks by yesterdays bridge. I think they might be thunder-eggs....wish I paid more attention in geology.
Yesterday's sunrise was spectacular,bright red sky across the gently curved horizon broken only by a handful of trees. And an even more joyful event for having ridden for two hours in the dark.
I'll leave you with one of my favourite quotes from Ryan from the past few days-"this might be one of those wash-ups where I don't drink the washing up water".

Location:Wonara bore

No comments:

Post a Comment